Swan Lake School
SLS Academic Focus
• Develop the individual’s potential academic abilities by promoting high academic standards within the curriculum.
• Teach and encourage students to develop good personal study habits.
• Instill in each student a desire to learn, teaching each student to reason logically, think critically and study independently using biblical criteria for evaluation.
• Develop an appreciation for the fine arts by teaching that fine arts can strengthen the inner man, revealing the individual’s inner God given talents and encourages personal expression.
• Encourage students to pursue areas of personal interest and develop their God-given abilities.
• Promote responsible citizenship through biblical concepts.
• Teach a God centered view of history, government, science and other sociological studies related to current events and God’s plan for man and the world.